WORSHIP AND SUNDAY SCHOOL SERIES
Our worship services and Adult Sunday School study will dovetail together during the season of Lent. Each week, we will focus on a section of the unfolding drama in John chapter nine. In this powerful chapter, Jesus heals a man blind from birth and those around the man struggle to process what has happened. Together we will closely explore each scene in the passage, listening for what God is saying to us in our own context today.
This church-wide series aims to help us deepen and connect our Bible Study and our worship, as well as engage our whole congregation in this time of visioning. Below you will find the Learner Guides to download before each Sunday School lesson to be better prepared. Questions? Contact Rev. Alicia Porterfield, email@example.com.
- WEEK 1 - SELFISH SIGHT CLICK HERE
- WEEK 2 - STIFF NECKS AND HARD HEARTS CLICK HERE
- WEEK 3 - FRICTION, FAITH, AND FEAR CLICK HERE
- WEEK 4 - SINFUL SIGHT CLICK HERE
- WEEK 5 - COMPLETED SIGHT CLICK HERE
- WEEK 6 - THE GIFT OF HINDSIGHT CLICK HERE
CONGREGATION VISIONING JOURNEY
EVENINGS OF CONVERSATION
WHO ARE WE?
Two evenings of conversation were held on Wednesday, March 8 & 15, at 6 p.m. in Fellowship Hall to discuss the questions below. If you were unable to attend or weren't able to voice your thoughts, please submit your answers and thoughts to Rev. Eric Porterfield via email, click here: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please number your responses to the corresponding question. We encourage everyone to submit their answers by Sunday, March 26.
- When have you felt most alive at Fifth Avenue Baptist Church?
- When have you most experienced an awareness of God's presence among us?
- When have you sensed God using your gifts and abilities for the work of the kingdom in and through FAB?
- What are the most important things our church has contributed to your life? Who or what made a difference?
- What are our strengths and positive traits as a congregation?
- What are your hopes for the future of our church?